My One-Pot Beef Stroganoff is a hearty dish filled with savory beef, meaty mushrooms, and tender egg noodles all cooked up in one pot and finished with a tangy sour cream sauce. Classic comfort food that the whole family will love!
Years ago, I was the chef at a small bistro that was in the downtown core of Calgary, Alberta. We only served lunch, not dinner, and we would have daily specials. The most popular lunch special we ever had, by far, was the Beef Stroganoff! I know from experience that people really LOVE this dish.
I mean, what’s not to love? Savory beef, meaty mushrooms, and tender egg noodles tossed with a tangy sour cream sauce. With all of the cold weather that we have been experiencing, I had a craving for this classic comfort food. I absolutely love my one-pot meals, such as my One-Pan Mediterranean Chicken Pasta, so I decided to convert my traditional recipe into a one-pot dish. I usually use sliced steak for Beef Stroganoff, but I decided to change it up a bit by using lean ground beef.
One-Pot dishes are perfect for busy weeknights. A super comforting meal that cooks up in one pot and is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
Recipe Source: Vintage Vibes
- olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 10 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard ( I used a Dill Dijon Mustard)
- 2 teaspoons paprika ( I used hot paprika)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 4 cups beef broth (Low Sodium)
- 8 oz. medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream plus more for serving
- chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet or heavy-bottomed pot, over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook mushrooms until well browned; 6 to 8 minutes. Add ground beef, onions, and garlic and cook until the beef is browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, and paprika and cook for one minute. Sprinkle flour over the pan and cook, while stirring about 2 minutes. Whisk in broth.
- Add egg noodles to the pan. Cook, uncovered at medium heat, occasionally stirring until the noodles are tender and the sauce has thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.* ( You want the sauce to gently boil, I find that medium heat is about the right temperature, adjust the heat as needed).
- Measure the sour cream into a small bowl. Take out a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce and mix with the sour cream. This will temper the sour cream, which will prevent the sauce from breaking. Stir in the sour cream mixture, cook another minute or so, or until the sauce is heated through. Season with sea salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with parsley. Serve with additional sour cream, if desired. Yields: 6 servings